The Koans are a set of tasks to complete. Prepared tests checks if they are done correctly.
Make sure you have Node.js and Python 2 installed.
git clone https://github.com/arkency/reactjs_koans.git
npm run setup
- Edit the files found in the
koansdirectory contains the source of all the exercises.
testcontains the tests.
srca contains files compiled from
buildcontains sources launched in the web browser version of Koans.
Start a local web server (optional)
You can run a webserver and see your changes live in your web browser:
- Run command
npm run start
- Visit http://localhost:8080/
- Work on the code found in the
exercisesdirectory and run the tests to see if you did everything right.
- You need to do the exercises in the given order.
- Try to not peek at the test files! They contain spoilers.
- To run the tests, use
npm run test-es6. To automatically run tests when your code changes, use
npm run watch.
Join our newsletter
Join our React.js Kung Fu newsletter and receive free React.js lessons every now and then.
Story of this project
For people finishing Koans, we prepared something to go further: the React by example book. In it, we explain how to create common and popular widgets like password-strength meter or credit card input.
For the price of the ebook, you get:
- Over 140 pages of React content. From fast introduction to React to example Todo app;
- 11 practical real-world examples;
- Repositories with code for most of the examples;
It's an early version of the book. It means some wording in book may change and there will be more examples later. All updates for the book are free.
- React docs - it's a great source of in-depth information about React.
- Why keys are important in React - great reading explaining the reason for React's keys.
- Reactiflux. User group on Slack. You can meet a lot of people using React there. There's a channel for beginners
The project is licensed under the free MIT license. You can read more about it in the LICENSE file
React Koans is funded and maintained by Arkency. Check out our other open-source projects.