What is RethinkDB?
- Open-source database for building realtime web applications
- NoSQL database that stores schemaless JSON documents
- Distributed database that is easy to scale
- High availability database with automatic failover and robust fault tolerance
RethinkDB is the first open-source scalable database built for realtime applications. It exposes a new database access model -- instead of polling for changes, the developer can tell the database to continuously push updated query results to applications in realtime. RethinkDB allows developers to build scalable realtime apps in a fraction of the time with less effort.
To learn more, check out rethinkdb.com.
Not sure what types of projects RethinkDB can help you build? Here are a few examples:
- Build a realtime liveblog with RethinkDB and PubNub
- Create a collaborative photo sharing whiteboard
- Build an IRC bot in Go with RethinkDB changefeeds
- Look at cats on Instagram in realtime
- Watch how Platzi uses RethinkDB to educate
For a thirty-second RethinkDB quickstart, check out rethinkdb.com/docs/quickstart.
Or, get started right away with our ten-minute guide in these languages:
Besides our four official drivers, we also have many third-party drivers supported by the RethinkDB community. Here's a few:
- C#/.NET: RethinkDb.Driver, rethinkdb-net
- Clojure: clj-rethinkdb
- Elixir: rethinkdb-elixir
- Go: GoRethink
- Haskell: haskell-rethinkdb
- PHP: php-rql
- Scala: rethink-scala
A great place to start is rethinkdb.com/community. Here you can find out how to ask us questions, reach out to us, or report an issue. You'll be able to find all the places we frequent online and at which conference or meetups you might be able to meet us next.
Need help with something serious like "production"? We also offer training and on-demand support in our support services as provided by the core RethinkDB team (and the Thinker too).
Do you use RethinkDB? Send us a story!
We love hearing all the awesome ways people are using RethinkDB. And we want to hear from you too. Send us your story and we'll send a package your way with RethinkDB swag.
RethinkDB was built by a dedicated team, but it wouldn't have been possible without the support and contributions of hundreds of people from all over the world. We could use your help too! Check out our contributing guidelines to get started.